2008 AZ. Black Film Festival

2008 AZ.  Black Film Festival
The Auteur and his friends....

10 April 2008

We Celebrate Nat. Poetry Month!!


Last week in class, my ESL students wrote poetry for the first time
and together we wrote a poem in class.

They suprised me this week and brought in their own poetry!!
They are awesome and were inspired to write. Just thinking about it, I'm in heaven right now. I've got some poets in my class and they rock!

One of my students pulled a fast one on me, she wrote her poem in English and then she wrote it in Spanish, a whole page.... she told me that she wanted to read her poem in English, but she wanted me to read the Spanish version.... WOW!!
Yeah, they just wanted to hear me speak Spanish, because I am always telling them, they must speak only English in class!!

She got me! The class was in an uproar and excited that I read the poem in Spanish.
Bet they didn't know I could throw down like that!! (Thank God for those college classes!)


No comments:

Chimeara's World


Global Warming Myth