2008 AZ. Black Film Festival

2008 AZ.  Black Film Festival
The Auteur and his friends....

09 April 2008

Poem 7. NaPoWriMo Challenge

crazy love (for Mom)


you keep me looking back for you
your secluded house on the praire
and the one piece of mail I didn't rip to shreds
before tossing in the trash

you keep me looking back
to the same rocky path leading up to you
your homemade chimes
and that miller beer can twisting in the wind

you keep me looking back
and although the mirror is familiar to me
this picture is you
another dauntless travel

my daughter, feisty and full of life
plummeted into this world with a bang-
rough, playful and sometimes sorry
for the mischief she loves, looks like you

you keep me looking back
when I look into her big bright brown eyes
her rugged break at freedom
and the dimples she inherited from you

you keep me looking back
I have to- it's then I truly see myself
and the future bubbling in front of me
living in the eyes of my daughter

you keep me
thinking of you
another simple song and I'm eight years old
and loving you all over again


Copyright © 2008 by Crystal Kill

No comments:

Chimeara's World


Global Warming Myth