2008 AZ. Black Film Festival

2008 AZ.  Black Film Festival
The Auteur and his friends....

06 April 2008

Sorry no poems yet... I'm three behind!!

I’m watching Elizabeth, another great movie. I love this movie for the soundtrack, too. When I was in London, it was heaven and I'm good at pretending... so my skills had me walking around the city like I was dressed in some velvet colored dress with a tight corset. Of course, I'm reminded that I would not have faired well, being that I am a woman of color, and I sorta kinda say what's on my mind, and I might have been deemed a bruja!!

I'm jealous. I want a Walsingham, in my life, too! My favorite part of the movie lies in three parts… the first, when she responds to Lord Burley on the urgency of her getting married and he say’s “but Madam you are only a woman” she replies, “I may be a woman Sir, but I can have the heart of a man if I choose!”

The second line I favor is when Robert Dudley tries to position himself as the man in her life by telling her she is still his Elizabeth. She fires back, "<>I am no man’s Elizabeth! I will have one mistress and NO MASTER!!

Right on Elizabeth!!
She’s my hero tonight. I'm living for the end of the movie when she descends the stairs of the court in her statue like appearance and stops to show Lord Burley her ring, she says, "Observe Lord Burley, I am married to England." (This man wanted her married).
Too bad this movie did not show the true relationship between her and Lord Burley, or her and Robert Dudley. She retires Lord Burley early in the movie, but everyone knows she kept him as her advisor for as long as his life allowed.

No comments:

Chimeara's World


Global Warming Myth