2008 AZ. Black Film Festival

2008 AZ.  Black Film Festival
The Auteur and his friends....

09 April 2008

Poem 6. NaPoWriMo

rebuked


four times a weeks

I can face the mere belief

that damn

you can exist

beyond the screen

and made for Hollywood story

you tempt the joys

and tip the mind with fury

naw, that wasn’t me

moving the glass across the counter

slamming the drawers

in that Mesa apartment

you woke me up

and chased me

right out of that dream

here we are a decade later

and at 3 a.m.

I can’t run anymore

I won't run anymore

my hours

are your hours

we co-exist

at a time when peace is mine

writing to the distant sound of a train

it’s horn stretching across the city

and into this room

where I hear too much

I see too much

I feel too much

and the moon offers nothing

but a bright reminder

that I’m going to need Bud

all over again


Copyright © 2008 by Crystal Kill

No comments:

Chimeara's World


Global Warming Myth