2008 AZ. Black Film Festival

2008 AZ.  Black Film Festival
The Auteur and his friends....

28 April 2008

Poem #16. NaPoWriMo

distance


sometimes I prefer you
at your distance
laughing across the line
on the phone

laughing because somewhere
at some time
you learned to laugh first
before crying

I prefer distance
where I cannot see you clear
moving your nervous eyes
as they shift from place to place
shift the curtains aside
and like that window to the soul

I'm flooded by the secrets
I cannot bear
and I know where you are broken
where you are whole
when there is enough cushion
to just keep jumping

I know when the day doesn't matter
when the night crawls into your skin
and even laughter cannot hide
what's broken

sometimes I prefer you
at that distance
because its there
that I cannot see so much


Copyright © 2008 by Crystal Kill

No comments:

Chimeara's World


Global Warming Myth