2008 AZ. Black Film Festival

2008 AZ.  Black Film Festival
The Auteur and his friends....

24 April 2008

Poem #12. NaPoWriMo

12:14 am


another day has ended
and I'm feeling good

good that my students
sometimes confused
and unsure of themselves
can be confident enough
to be who they are
genuine survivors

for the husband at five am
on the job
studying at night
to earn his right
to hope
for a better life

for the mother next to her child
done wondering
still pondering the wild hope
in becoming more
for the vitality of her family

they were sad for good-bye
the class that ended tonight

for weeks
they filed into class
hour after hour
sharing life
sharing language
never knowing how much
I admired the heroes
I saw among each of them

they were sad for the good-bye
and so was I
so was I




Copyright © 2008 by Crystal Kill

No comments:

Chimeara's World


Global Warming Myth